The changes made are:
- A removable/adjustable shoulder strap was added.
- Two strips of 1" fabric were added to the sides of the bag from the top wide section of the bag to the bottom. Another piece of fabric was made into a loop..
.- Instead of making a long flap, I shortened it to serve as more of a decorative element, using it just on the front. The hardware is from Emmaline Bags.
- A recessed zipper was added.
- The bag bottom is now 4" wide instead of 2".
- In the inside I added one large deep pocket and divided it into two. The large zipper pocket is on the inside back.
- I used a heavy interfacing over the quilt batting.
Finally I made a tassel out of a small scrap piece of black leather. The bell cap I purchased from a China supplier a couple of years ago.
All in all, I'm happy with it. There's nothing that was too difficult to do, and I'm sure there's many other ideas you could come up with!
The Rose Fabric Tutorial/Pattern does not have these changes included in the tutorial, but I am considering making a recessed zipper tutorial. They are really not difficult to do.
This bag was made for my cousin, Karen! She chose the fabric, and I went from there! Hope you like it! I hope Karen likes it as well...she's suppose to receive it today!! Oh yes!! So excited! Thank you for visiting!